Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

My skincare routine

I have a old and new staples that make my pre-makeup routine tick, all of which I've actually gotten at the drug store or stores like Target. These are the products I buy time after time and don't plan on switching up any time soon, I am much more experimental with other products. Here they are:

Face:




St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer- This stuff is great! I only use it as a night cream because it doesn't have any SPF, but its amazing. First, it comes in that HUGE container. Mine has lasted me almost a year with my boyfriend using some too. (Some people don't like big open containers because of bacteria... that doesn't bother me, but I do ration it into smaller containers for easier use).

I don't really have many wrinkles, I am only 22 and don't venture into the sun without a sun hat and SPF 1000, but I like to think that I am preventing them. There is one (possible) con, which is the smell. It smells like crushed up leaves- it doesn't bother me, but it isn't my favorite scent.

Body:


Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap- We currently have the Peppermint and Unscented bars and the Eucalyptus and Almond liquid soaps (OBSESSED). All of my life I only used Dove soap until I used my James's Dr. Bronner's last year- he swears by almond. I am a convert, I love them all. They make me feel so clean without all of the nasty chemicals other soaps use, and they have such interesting packaging, a little cult-like though.


Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant- I can't really go on and on about deodorant, but I can say that I do not use anti-perspirant. Since switching to this type I feel healthier, is that weird? I feel like a little extra sweat is better than actual health complications later in life. Bonus: this stuff smells good too!



Bio-Oil Have you ever tried this stuff? I don't know how well it works on scars/ stretch marks because I don't use it in the same place twice in one day, but this stuff rocks! I use it all over my body, even on my face. I have an oily face, but in the winter when it gets dry in parts, Bio-Oil really does the trick! Like the St. Ives it has a weird, herb-y smell, but its not over powering or gross.

Do you have any staples you can't live without?

xoxo Cassidy


No comments:

Post a Comment